This is THE place to be if you are a wedding photographer. The top wedding & portrait photographers in the world speak here to thousands of people who come from all over the world. If fact, the attendance was up…..5000?! from what it was last year, making the total attendance around 15000-I did say big, right? It was great to see friends and family and did I mention Red Rock Canyon?
In addition to the four days of seminars, trade show and parties, Wendy and I got to spend some time with my parents who came up from Phoenix and stayed with us. Unfortunately, the only time we saw them was when we walked back to the hotel prior to going out again for a party each night but it was better than nothing and we spent a few more days with them as well.
Here’s a quick list off the top of our heads as far as what we both learned that crazy week:
1. Just because you paid for the conference, doesn’t mean you don’t have to wait in line for a seat at WPPI!
3. Jerry Ghionis‘s secret weapon is his voice.
4. Jasmine Star in person was as inspirational as her writing.
5. Finao’s booth design ROCKED THE HOUSE!
6. Bend, Oregon was represented well with the full Kubota team and Big Folio (this little town has one big impact on this industry!).
7. Casino smoke is hard on the lungs!
8. Justin and Mary Photography taught us about the beauty of ‘Lovemarks’.
9. Animoto won us over; okay, we were already halfway there.
10. Be you, don’t be afraid to be different, be bold – that was the overall message from the ‘new wave’ photographers.
Here’s our friend, world famous wedding photographer Kevin Kubota at the Nikon booth. You all know he lives in our little town of Bend-right? Hey, I used his actions to edit this photo-is that weird?
Ah yes, as far as wedding photographers go there’s always talk about the illustrious “uncle Bob” at every wedding who has all the equipment and ultimately ends up getting in the way!
Here’s Lens Baby creator Craig Strong. A great product that opens up lots of door to creativity!
No WPPI discussion would be complete without an image of famous wedding photographer Jerry Ghionis. This time it’s of him singing and hey, he’s got a pretty good voice! A very inspirational photographer who can create the most amazing images out of the most mundane settings!